CTSA - Imaging in Clinical Trials/UPICT Subgroup
From UPICT Wiki
- Reduce variance related to imaging in the conduct of clinical trials (early and late phase so as to support both translation and clinical indications)
- To allow the detection of differences that are a consequence of the intervention under study, not an artifact of the manner in which the imaging is conducted
- To support optimization and validation of imaging biomarkers (platforms, agents, algorithms, etc.)
- Improve the likelihood that:
- Clinical imaging studies obtained will comply with clinical trial protocol expectations
- Clinical trial imaging protocols will “fit” with practice
- Potentially provide a subtle impetus to improve standard of care (thereby increasing the chances that pre-enrollment imaging might be used as “baseline” study)
Workspace and Template Extractions in Progress
- The Workspace is used to facilitate the submission,vetting and annotation of Proffered Protocols and the iterative authoring and periodic review of Consensus Protocols in a transparent and inclusive manner.
- The outline form of the generic Template is posted.
- Web-based workspace and supporting infrastructure; multiple options are available
- The current work on template extractions is available here. Link to Draft Proffered Protocols
To facilitate the interaction among clinical trialists and imaging scientists within academia, industry, and agencies
- Discussion forum Link to UPICT Google group
UPICT/Clinical Trials subgroup call summaries
Eisenhauer EA, Therasse P, Bogaerts J, Schwartz LH, Sargent D, Ford R, Dancey J, Arbuck S, Gwyther S, Mooney M, Rubinstein L, Shankar L, Dodd L, Kaplan R, Lacombe D, Verweij J. New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1). Eur J Cancer. 2009 Jan; 45(2):228-47.
Wahl RL, Jacene H, Kasamon Y, Lodge MA. From RECIST to PERCIST: Evolving Considerations for PET response criteria in solid tumors. J Nucl Med. 2009 May;50 Suppl 1:122S-50S. J Nucl Med. 2009 May;50 Suppl 1:122S-50S.
UPICT poster RSNA 2010 annual meeting
UPICT poster RSNA 2009 annual meeting